Monday 11 June 2018

Fermentasaurus - first racking

So the Dark Hill Porter had the honour of being the first brew in my new Fermentasaurus! After 1 week of primary at 30C under 10 PSI, the pressure was dropped to 5 PSI for another week. And racking time!


I scored these second-hand Torpedo kegs at $75 apiece. Keg on left is full of Starsan, with pressure transfer to keg on right so as to purge it fully with CO2. 


Using the pressure kit, the porter was transferred in a closed loop (ie no oxygen exposure) to the purged keg. I wish there’s some way I could tell how much beer had been transferred into the keg. 


The Fermentasaurus floating racking tube does wonders for beer clarity


Washing is easy too. I added 4 keg washing tablets and filled it up with tap water. Will let it soak for a day before emptying it.


Mmmmmmm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;