Saturday 12 May 2018

New Fermenter!



Right - so after that previous blog rant, I actually bought a new toy. In fact, I already bought it before the post ... as a little treat for myself this year! So here we go - the Fermentasaurus! (BTW, eBay is great for this - their global shipping only cost $20 or so which is an absolute steal) 

Till date I’m still not sure why I bought it. I remember trying to get a fermenter with a bigger headspace so I can streamline the process and brew full kegs of beer. And I needed similar functionality to keg fermenting, namely the ability to pressure ferment, and rack off the trub. 



The deal I got included the Pressure Ferment Kit, which is essentially a modified lid with a gas-in QD post, liquid out QD post, pressure relief valve and a floating racking arm. 

It’s a pretty sturdy little thing, and I’m looking forward to brewing with it. The major downside for this is that it’s way too big to fit into my fermentation chest freezer - but hey, that’s what kveik yeast is for right? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;